We offer a convenient drop box in the front of city hall or you may pay your utility bill at Libertyville Savings Bank at the Eldon Branch. You may pay cash or check.

The customers of the municipal water system shall be provided self-billing books and coupons, for purposes of paying monthly water bills. The customers shall read their water meter, on the first day of each month, complete the coupon and pay for water usage to the city clerk or an authorized collection agent for the city on or before the tenth day of the month. If any charge for the services of the system is not paid by the tenth day of the month in which it becomes due and payable, a delayed payment penalty of ten percent of the amount of the bill shall be added thereto and paid therewith. If any change for usage of the city municipal water system remains unpaid by the twentieth day of the month, the water supply for the customer or for the lot, parcel, land or premises affected may be shut off by the city and shall not be turned on except on payment in full of the delinquent charges.

Where the water supply to a customer has been discontinued for nonpayment of delinquent bills, a charge of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be made for the disconnection of water services. An additional charge of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be made for reconnection of water services, but the reconnection will not be made until after all delinquent bills and other charges, if any, owed by the customer to the municipality have been paid. A fee of forty dollars ($40.00) shall be charged for dishonored checks, and customers shall be placed on cash only payment after incurring three (3) dishonored checks. Once all delinquent bills and other charges, if any, have been paid, including charges for disconnection and reconnection of water services, the City shall be required to reconnect water services to the premises no sooner than the next business day.

The deposit for utility service is $100.00. We do not return the deposit until you discontinue services. If the utility bill has a balance, the deposit will be applied to your final bill.

The homeowner is responsible for the water lines coming into their home and the stop box; and is liable for repairing those issues {as they may corrode and break at any time}, the city is not responsible for any damage that may occur. A stop box is a valve used to turn on and off the water to your home by city employees only.


Jerry Lee Potts

Phone: 641-799-9335

City Clerk

Carrie Teninty

Phone: 641-652-7510

email: cityeld@iowatelecom.net

Contact Us

Eldon City Hall

421 W. Elm St.

Eldon IA 52554

phone: 641-652-7510

email: cityeld@iowatelecom.net