Lockkeeper’s House

The Lockkeeper’s House, built in 1845, is located south of Eldon, along the Des Moines River in Davis County, Iowa. The building served only as a residence, having never been used for the locks, which were never built. The Lockkeeper’s House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 14, 2009.

Mayor

Jerry Lee Potts

Phone: 641-799-9335

City Clerk

Carrie Teninty

Phone: 641-652-7510

email: cityeld@iowatelecom.net

Contact Us

Eldon City Hall

421 W. Elm St.

Eldon IA 52554

phone: 641-652-7510

email: cityeld@iowatelecom.net